Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday - Cards I Love. . . .

Will you all indulge my excessive photos of this card? Because this card has been in my mind for a very long time.
Back story... I did a challenge a few years ago to create a card inspired by art.... I used one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings and was pleased with the results. Pleased until the mini catalog came out....
Let me show you.
Here is the Van Gogh:

Here is my original take:


And here is my new version:



I am the first to admit that I am no Van Gogh, but I am pleased with the results. Thank you Stampin' Up! for the fantastic Easter Blossoms set!!!!

I used:
Paper: Tempting Turquoise CS #102067, Basic Black CS #121045
Stamps: Easter Blossoms #122057
Ink: Craft White #101731, Craft Vanilla #104308, Crumb Cake #121030, Pear Pizzazz #119784, Temping Turquoise #100814, Baja Breeze #111833, Pacific Point #111837
Other: White pen #105021, non-SU fine point black pen, Dimentionals #104430, Sponges #101610



3 comments:

Southlake Scrapbooking said...

Oh my this is just like the picture!! It looks like the flowers are lifting off of the card, very pretty!!

Kris Van Allen said...

just gorgeous!!

Amanda said...

More drooling here. I love Van Gogh and your cards are beautiful...especially your second take. My favorite Van Gogh is Starry Night. I think you should do one like that.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.